Human Resources Job Description Samples
A human resources job description varies greatly depending on the type of business and the level of technical outreach you wish to have.
As things move forward, there is more pressure on businesses to move operations into the cloud. Great programs (like an online time clock called Time Clock Wizard) helps reduce the work burden of HR professionals.Human Resources has traditionally run in silos. Encouraging the head of Human Resources to design a collaborative structure between the various HR duties will help with onboarding and retention.
The number one complaint about human resources is that the employees do not know who HR people are and who to talk with. It is a good idea to have all of your HR people interact with employees regularly especially for employee scheduling.
Whereas, the number one complaint of Human Resource staff is that they are overloaded with paperwork and feel rushed to fill slots rather than find talent. A great way of reducing HR workload s with an online time clock like Time Clock Wizard.
Finding that work-staff balance is a must!
Vice President of Human Resources
The VP of Human Resources is a strategic partner in the executive team. This position requires that the VP of HR executes the companies mission in a fair yet firm manner.
The VP of HR is in charge of making sure that human capital continues to be valuable to the company.
VP of HR Duties
- Optimize feedback processes for monthly and quarterly reports
- Advise the President on FMLA, Worker’s Comp, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, overtime, exemptions and local, state and federal compliance
- Find ways to work effectively with both union and non-union employees with protected concerted activities and labor rights
- Create, implement and conduct training
- Liaison with managers to get the best talent requirements
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation training
- Advise on the value of health, life,workers compensation and other benefits
- Take care of terminations
- Attend disciplinary actions/investigations
- Make sure all time clocks are running efficiently
VP of HR requirements
- 5+ years HR Experience with Union Experience
- BA Degree required. MBA, Master’s Degree or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Familiarity and ability to grasp online and offline technology
- MS Office proficient
The retention manager is an important position that is often over-looked. Retention managers maintain the employee through the applicant tracking system at all locations.
You are also in charge of the performance and usage of tools used for recruitment.
Retention Manager Duties
- Write and post job ads
- Respond within 1 business day
- Put applicants into system
- Link applicant to the appropriate profile
- Analyze data and provide feedback
- Make monthly reports regarding the status of HR department
- Assist with interview process
Retention Manager Requirements
- High school diploma or GED. Associates in Administration preferred
- Strong communication stills
- Friendly, helpful attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Be punctual and reliable
Human Resources Technician
The Human Resources Technician is in charge of personnel records. All records are treated in a confidential manner. The HR Tech is in charge of making sure all of the paperwork is filled out correctly and is filed correctly.
HR Tech Duties
- Maintain employee records
- Perform clerical duties during collective bargaining
- Prepare employment contracts
- Perform worker’s compensation requirements
- File adverse claims
- Proof-read reports, letters and projects.
- Update reports, records, schedules, lists, manuals and forms
HR Tech Requirements
- Associate’s degree in business or related experience in human resources
- Knowledge of policies and procedures
- Knowledge of payroll practice
- Knowledge of online time clock (Time Clock Wizard) operation
The Credentialing Coordinator is in charge of making sure that all employee credentials are up-to-date and valid.
- License verification
- Use the online time clock (Time Clock Wizard) when doing off-location verification
- Communicate with verification agencies to make sure company is in compliance
- Ability to multi-task while on hold
- High School Diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred or 2 years of experience
- Ability to use Microsoft office
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly
The Technical Recruiter is in charge of making sure that each person meets the basic technical requirements for their position. The Technical Recruiter administers tests to candidates in the applicant tracking system.
Tech Recruiter Duties
- Analyze candidates information against job requirements
- Screen for talent using social media
- Fill in for absent colleagues
- Manage the applicant tracking system through the hiring funnel
- Submit candidates for hire to Credentialing Coordinator or HR Manager
Tech Recruiter Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in HR
- Knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Snapchat and other platforms
- Ability to teach applicants how to use the online time clock system (Time Clock Wizard)
Human Resources Job Description Conclusion
Human resources is a varied and diverse area. In order to perform human resource duties, you need o a people-person with terrific organization skills. You need to be able to communicate effectively.
Your position in HR is to make sure that the process goes as smoothly as possible for each employee from onboarding to offboarding.
Sometimes, there will be conflicts between management, union representatives, authorities and/or employees. HR acts as a liaison between these entities to make sure that both sides are adequately cared for.
For a list of salaries, click here: HR Chain of Command and Pay Schedule.
Human Resources are overworked and get great benefit from Time Clock Wizard. Because this is an online application, employees and managers can handle time issues without needing to distract human resources from the vast array of responsibilities.