A dependable GPS tracking app is one piece of technology that most companies cannot do without. However, with so many options available out there, it can be challenging to find the location tracking software that best fits your needs. With the following reviews of the seven best options for the coming year, this post will help narrow your choices down.
Why Most Companies Need a High-Quality GPS Tracking App
If your business requires employees to work outside the office for significant amounts of time, it’s in your best interest to know where your staff is at every moment of the workday, no matter what kind of business you run. Today’s workforce is becoming more and more mobile, and smart companies monitor their employees and make sure that everyone is where they’re supposed to be.
Unfortunately, this can be more difficult than it sounds. It can be almost impossible to keep tabs on your employees if you don’t have the right tools. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of the seven best GPS tracking app options your business has for 2019.
Designed exclusively for the Android platform, Gleeo offers state-of-the-art time tracking and precision location monitoring through a UI that’s attractive, nimble, and simple to use. Here are some of the other features that make this Swiss-made app so popular:
- It has simple, accessible, and easily exported time tracking and location reports
- It lets the user track an unlimited number of projects and subtasks simultaneously
- Gleeo’s Automagic app allows managers to automate the location recording process and can also send employee reminders
- It has a low subscription of the price of under $3 a month per user
HoursTracker is a powerful time and location tracking app that lets managers monitor their employees on multiple job sites. Additionally, managers can edit employees’ hours worked with minimal effort. Add in these advanced features, and it’s easy to see why HoursTracker is the number one choice for so many different companies:
- automated overtime payment
- expected arrival time alerts for employees
- managers receive notifications when employees arrive at or leave a specific job site
HoursTracker is appealing to employees as well. It categorizes their hours worked by the month, week, or day. HoursTracker allows them to see how much time they spend on each job and helps them spend their time more efficiently. It also allows employees to clock in and out manually or when they start/stop working. With benefits on both sides of the employer/employee equation, HoursTracker is a great GPS tracking app for a variety of companies.
Another great choice is the Hubstaff time tracking app with GPS location capabilities. More than a simple team monitoring tool, this app combines GPS tracking, payroll software integration, and productivity assessments into a remarkably useful all-in-one tool.
Great for companies of all types and sizes, Hubstaff’s GPS tool uses geofencing technology to help you manage multiple job sites as well. This impressive feature also means the time tracker will stop and start whenever an employee exits or enters a job site. Together, these capabilities make Hubstaff’s GPS tracking app well worth considering.
4. Labor Sync
With the multilingual, cloud-based sophistication of the Labor Sync app at your disposal, you can easily take a wide-angle view of your employees’ activities and location. Not only will the app tell you where your team members are throughout the day, but it also gives you access to an interactive map that lets you make modifications in real-time.
Labor Sync is a field tracking app that replaces conventional timesheets with automated reports that can be customized to generate information from whatever perspective you need. Also equipped with an internal messaging tool you can use to communicate important work information to your staff, the Labor Sync is some of the best tracking software in the industry.
Most companies know Tsheets as a time tracking app, but many companies also use it as their go-to GPS tracking app as well. Ideal for remote and co-located teams, Tsheets lets supervisors monitor their employees’ location with ease. Here are some of TSheets’ other advanced features:
- managers can use it to direct and coordinate employees in real-time
- Tsheets’ mobile application automatically records your employees’ location throughout the workday.
- easy-to-use tools for employee scheduling
- available for both Android and IOS
6. Time Clock Wizard
Time Clock Wizard does many things to help manage your staff. One of the tools it uses to do this is a sophisticated GPS tracking app. In fact, we’re more than comfortable asserting that it’s the best tracking software in the business. Its capabilities are something you’ll have to experience firsthand, but we can still give you a small sample:
- Combines GPS and IP recognition to establish clockpoints that tell you if a clocked-in employee is where they’re supposed to be
- Gives you the optional ability to limit your employees’ location permissions and prevent them from clocking or out from unauthorized places
- Allows you to manage employee hours at multiple locations
- Lets you make sure that employees are following their assigned schedules
- Integrates with TCW’s timesheet software and photo capture capabilities to prevent employee time theft
Accurate, simple to use, and integrated with many of its other impressive features, Time Clock Wizard’s GPS capabilities help you carve out additional space for high levels of both production and accountability.
Location Tracking Is More Than a Matter of Trust
Just about every GPS tracking app out there comes with certain accountability tools built into it. These include things like clock points, screen capture, and clock-in photo capture. Clearly, these tools are designed to prevent dishonest practices like ‘buddy punching’ and other forms of employee time theft.
However, the benefits of a sophisticated GPS tracking app go beyond critical areas like accountability and trust. With vigilance and the right kind of location tracking on your side, your managers can easily spot perennial scheduling and labor cost issues as well. In short, GPS tracking is a single tool that provides many solutions at once.