If you’re a business owner looking for the ideal time tracking app, you’re definitely not interested in wasting any time exploring them. That’s why we’ve compiled and provided reviews of 2019’s seven best time tracking apps for you.
After researching businesses around the country we learned that the average company needs a time tracking app is accurate, reliable, and able to boost production in a variety of settings. We also learned that the app needs to require minimal training. Most of all, however, we discovered that the average business wants all their tech products to save them time, money, and effort.
These are the criteria we used to assess the following time tracking apps. Continue reading to find the time tracking technology best suited to grow your business and help it reach the goals you’ve always had for it. As you’ll see in the various reviews, the best work hours tracker depends on your company’s specific needs. (Spoiler alert: we wanted you to leave this post with a smile on your face, so we’re saving the best for last.)
Required Features for Any High-Quality Time Clock App
Depending on your types of business, the best time clock app for you might need to have very specific features. You might need your work hours tracker to generate invoices, for instance, or you might need to have GPS monitoring to help you manage remote workers. Not every good time tracking app will have these specific features, but here are a few features your company cannot do without:
- The ability to let managers track employee hours worked and the progress of specific projects in a single place is imperative to any business.
- Any suitable time clock app will feature both automated timesheets and manual entry capabilities.
- For maximum production, the app must be streamlined, easily accessible, and simple to use for all your employees.
- Your employee time track tracker should also feature a timer that can be stopped and started at any moment in time.
- It should also allow employees to clock in and out at a variety of locations.
Additionally, one look at the business world of 2019 will tell you that your time tracking technology needs to have a mobile app as well. This is true whether you’re managing a mobile sales force, an in-house team, or a remote team.
The ability to sync across several different devices is another requirement for any high-quality time tracking app in 2019. Lastly, easy integration with other HR tools is a must for whatever time tracking app you finally choose. Now, we’ll have a look at the seven best time clock apps we tested for the business year of 2019.
HoursTracker is a straightforward app that’s especially useful for employees with a hectic schedule. Typically, a staff like this doesn’t have time to clock in and out manually, and HoursTracker has a simple user interface that lets them do it instantly. In addition to tracking employee hours accurately, HoursTracker can also:
- track business expenses
- align hours worked with specific pay periods
- take employee breaks into consideration
- track hours worked when the employee is leaving or arriving at their assigned job site
Slick and easy to use, Atracker is an affordable and attractive way to track the number of hours an employee has worked. It also goes further than a standard time tracking app– Atracker can generate reports on the specific tasks an employee has worked on throughout the day, as well as how much time they spent on them.
A widget that tells workers what they’ve done over the course of the day makes Atracker appealing to employees as well.
With its advanced monitoring capabilities and team-oriented functioning, Hubstaff’s time tracking software is an ideal choice for many companies. Additional features include:
- availability on both IOS and Android, in addition to its desktop application
- ability to establish multiple job sites through its geofencing capabilities
- random screenshots and employee work tracking
- automated payroll through easy integration with your chosen payroll provider
Well-suited for teams of all sizes, TimeCamp’s greatest strength is its ability to integrate seamlessly with a wide variety of project management apps. Along with its ability to track hours accurately, TimeCamp’s various integrations allow managers to:
- easily monitor billable client hours
- keep track of multiple project statuses
- monitor employees closely for maximum accountability
- collaborate remotely with other managers and teams
Perfect for small businesses, Toggl offers an impressive array of free features and detailed business reports for subscribers. You can use Toggl within your computer’s browser or as an extension, but its IOS mobile app makes it especially appealing for teams who work in multiple locations.
Toggl doesn’t offer features such as scheduling or invoicing, but its simplicity of use and easy integration with many other platforms make it an excellent choice for small to medium-sized companies.
Tsheets might be the last item on our list, but it has a well-deserved reputation for being one of the most effective work hours trackers on the market. In addition to its versatile time tracking functions, Tsheets users can also:
- create employee schedules
- use GPS technology to track worker location
- generate detailed reports of worker activity for maximum productivity
- gain a closer look at employee activity by taking job site photos that time-stamp automatically
7. Time Clock Wizard
To call Time Clock Wizard a great time tracking app would be a bit of an understatement. Yes, it can track the hours your mobile or remote employees work with perfect accuracy. It also easily meets the requires for a high-quality time app we established above. But you don’t have to take our word for it– TCW offers a free trial that gives you all the time you need to see why their software is the best time clock app out there. Here are just some of the features that make TCW’s employee management software truly unique:
- Easy-to-use employee scheduling software that eliminates confusion and helps reduce labor costs
- PTO tracking that clarifies how much paid time off an employee has earned and how much they’ve used
- Detailed payroll reports that show payment verification, overtime hours worked, and employee reimbursements all in one place
- A number of optional notifications to managers and employees
- Easily customized to fit your company’s specific needs
- Fully functioning mobile apps that are available on both the IOS and Android platforms
We could continue this for quite a while, but we’re pretty sure you get the picture. Add in our experienced support team and you’ll see why TCW’s software is ideal for every sized business and easily steps across industry lines.
Making the Right Choice
With this information in hand, you’re almost ready to choose the time tracking app that best fits your company’s needs. This last phrase is critical, however. Remember– there is no single best choice for every type of company. Do your research and utilize the free trials most of these products offer to find the app that meshes with your current needs and provides the most utility for your business. While we’re absolutely convinced that Time Clock Wizard’s software offers the best combination of features, affordability, and customer support in the business, it’s very important to us that your company’s needs are met regardless of who provides the solution.